Saturday, May 19, 2012

Yard Sale Treasures




I get a huge kick out of going to yard sales. Part of it fascinates me, these people OWNED that? Really???!!!! The other half of the purpose is to collect overlooked treasures that others have culled for my own use.  

Looking back, I guess my mother started the madness. Our family would load our yard sale goods into the car and drive to a family friend who lived in "the city" so we could have a joint yard sale. The days leading up to the sale were a blur of newspaper ads and pricing. I enjoyed the process of cleaning out, seeing people, and making a little money. Let's just say, I became hooked.

The above pictured are today's treasures. 
  • wooden tray- will be painted!
  • small cooler- for dad
  • green Japan enamel bowl- great color!
  • small cranium card game
  • small glass dish for bathroom
  • small stack of stickers/ notepads for work
  • several books and journals
  • Halmark Christmas Thank you cards
  • 1 creative memories scrapbook album (For a dollar! Yahoo!)
Grand total for today.... 6 bucks spent. Not bad for all these treasures!


Also, I may be making a convert. A sweet friend joined me today. She found a stack of children's books for school for 60 cents and a nifty glass serving tray for a buck. I think she may be hooked as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment