Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pyrexia

Yes, this is in my living room. I know it is sort of "unusual" to house your vintage kitchen collection NOT in the kitchen. However, I wanted to place it somewhere that I could see it often. When I see many of my favorite pieces all together- it makes me smile. Sista would call me "obsessed". I call it FUN.

Hopefully, this is the BEFORE shot. I need to rearrange and move some of my "treasures" around. My non pyrex friends are amazed with my "talent" of being able to site the name of the pattern and the year it was introduced.

I had been looking for a cabinet to showcase my "wares" and discovered this curio at a yard sale. It has the great "tiger" striped wood. All of the shelves, glass, and hardware was in pristine shape. The lady did not want it because it was "old". The husband was heartbroken because it was a family piece. It was an awkward few moments while they decided on a price. (Lucky for me, the wife won) It was a steal for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment