Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Yardsale Treasures

It is Friday! I have been working 10 work weeks during the summer to have Friday's office. Which is a great thing for many reasons, one being- I am off to go to estate sales that happen Friday, when I am usually at work.
This is what 20 bucks will get you:

  • One HEAVY wooden chair, so comfortable and well made
  • 2 white canned drink organizers for the fridge
  • lime green birdhouse (was still in box) with copper roof
  • vintage wooden puzzle with zoo animals
  • linen towel from Australia
  • 2 plastic craft containers
  • promotional pyrex with lid
The pyrex was an exciting find. I just about "jumped" the little lady who was blocking me from the kitchenwares. I saw the "pyrex shape" and nabbed this piece. It is in super minty condition. I had never seen this design before. 
"Cosmopolitan Pyrex"
I returned home with my stash and googled it. It is a  2 1/2 quart covered casserole  in this promotional pattern called  ''Cosmopolitan''. I love the retro circles. I found online that it even came with a "hot plate" with purchase. I do not think this piece has ever been used. Great condition!

I do not usually collect brown pyrex, but I think this is a cause for exception! I do love finding the promotional pieces and hunting down the story on them!


I love that Everett came to investigate my new treasures. He gave everything a bored "sniff" then was sunning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment