Monday, June 18, 2012

So, you want to yard sale with me?

Not that I can blame you? I mean, I find cool stuff cheaply. It is like the greatest treasure hunt- of course I have regulars that I keep a look out for-a. Pyrex, b. Fiesta, c. new to me paperbacks, d. tubs/ bins I can use to organize, and e.  unusual bits to decorate the house. If you are not sure, check out these examples of things I have found on the cheap- and enjoy in my home- and get compliments on- :)

A. Pyrex
From under the watchful eye of owl McCoy, you will see 2 covered casserloes- both found at yardsales. I paid 3 bucks each for the pieces. I use these two all the time for storing leftovers.
B. Fiesta

I paid a buck for 4 red fiesta plates a few months ago. I think I grinned for a week solid after this find!


C.  New to me paperbacks
I love getting new books for cheap- they make great beach reads!

D. Tubs / Bins for storage
The orange tubs are old tupperware. Paid 1.99 for both from Goodwill. The small tan fridgie is for crystal light packets. The stainless steel ones were cheap and I use them to store flour/ sugar. By the way, I love the exposed brick behind the shelf in my pantry!



E. Decorative Bits
I LOVE this sign. It hangs over the tv in the living room. It makes me smile each time I look at it!


So, if you want to yard sale with me you should:
1. Check out yardsaletreasuremap.com, it maps out the sales from the Craigslist ad. It is a GREAT tool!
2. Bring small bills and change
3. Wear comfy clothes
4. Bring a bag to carry the goods away with
5. Be prepared to start early. I like to get going by 7:30 am. Not a true early bird, but early enough!



1 comment:

  1. You got some great deals there! I love the Fiesta plates for $1...Score!

    ReplyDelete