Sunday, June 17, 2012

Harlequin Find


I went back to an estate sale once the items became half off. I was stalking the - Harlequin Pottery pieces. Although I am a fiesta girl true and true I am intersted in Harlequin. Harlequin was made the same time as fiesta (1936- 1964). It was designed by an amazing art deco designer- Fredrick Rhead. 


I picked up these pieces for 10 bucks. According to the 

VINTAGE HARLEQUIN POTTERY PRICE GUIDE =

the 2 fruit bowls are worth $20 each
Each plate is worth $15 each
So, my haul was worth over 75 bucks. Holla!
The hydrangeas are the ones I nabbed at a yard sale. They are in a Pyrex juicer!


Notice there is no markings on the bottom. The only way I was sure I had Harlequin pieces are the 3 pricks on the bottom where the pottery set after being glazed. (You can see it on the left, below my hand). 




I adore these colors- it is no wonder I am such a fan of fiesta, which comes in similar colors and patterns.

I would like to learn more about Harlequin... like if it was produced the same time as Fiesta & by the same designer-  what is the difference? Why would a 40s or 50s housewife pick one over the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment